Direct and manage custodial
services for all facilities. Inspect buildings for cleanliness, quality, and
safety. Responsible for custodial training, assigning work, and maintaining
supply inventory. May have hiring and disciplinary responsibilities.Minimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or equivalentSpecial Knowledge/Skills:
Clear and valid Texas driver's license
CDL License or willingness to obtain
Knowledge of routine custodial
practices and methods
Knowledge of equipment, chemicals,
and materials used in cleaning processes
Knowledge of minor repair
techniques and building and grounds maintenance
Ability to manage personnel
Effective planning and
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Work cooperatively with administrators and facilities managers to ensure a high standard of safety, cleanliness, and efficiency of building operations.
2. Establish and oversee work schedules and procedures for the regular custodial care of all facilities and special custodial projects. Make work assignments and arrange for substitute custodians as needed.
3. Inspect all buildings and facilities and schedule cleaning and repairs as needed.
4. Provide training and orientation to all custodians related to cleaning procedures and the safe and proper use of chemicals and equipment.
5. Coordinate the moving, delivery, and set up of furniture, equipment, and other heavy or bulky materials.
6. Direct the set-up of facilities for special events.
7. Maintain safety standards in accordance with federal, state, local, and insurance regulations and train custodians on proper and safe use of equipment and chemicals.
8. Ensure established safety procedures are followed including lifting and climbing. Make sure tools and equipment are operated and chemicals handled according to established safety procedures.
9. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly report any conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor.
10. Follow established procedures for locking, checking, and safeguarding facilities.
11. Follow safety protocols and emergency procedures.
Inventory and Equipment
12. Evaluate and recommend custodial supplies and equipment to be used.
13. Prepare, implement, and maintain preventive maintenance schedules for custodial equipment. Ensure maintenance is completed and equipment is in safe operating condition. Recommend replacement of existing equipment when necessary.
14. Conduct regular inventory of physical equipment and supplies and maintain accurate records. Order tools, equipment, and supplies as needed.
15. Assist in the preparation of department budget.
16. Select, train, supervise, and evaluate staff and make recommendations relative to assignment, retention, discipline, and dismissal.
17. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents as required including maintaining accurate information for payroll reporting (timecards, tardiness, and absenteeism).
Supervise, evaluate, and recommend the hiring and firing of custodians and lead custodians.