Elementary PrincipalMinimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- 2+ years of experience working with children.
Ability to assist in instructing reading, writing,
Ability to work well with children
Ability to communicate effectively
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in daily and long-range lesson and classroom activity planning.
- Conducts learning exercises with small groups of children.
- Guides children in working and playing harmoniously with other children.
- Alerts the teacher to special needs of individual children.
- Provides escort and assistance to children as necessary.
- Listens to the students in recitation, reading, and other curriculum tasks, guiding and
helping them but not teaching them.
- Helps maintain individual records for each child.
- Fosters good eating habits and table manners in children.
- Assists teacher in maintaining neat work and study areas.
- Assists with the supervision of children during regular play periods.
- Collects and displays suitable material for educational displays.
- Under the supervision of the teacher, works with small groups of students to reinforce
material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Accompanies the student when trips to the office or school nurse are necessary.