General Services Department Overtime Status:
Non-Exempt Date Job Revised:
March 16, 2021Position Summary:
Cleaning and maintaining the entire facility using the proper chemicals, equipment and techniques. He/she will report any unsafe conditions and/or maintenance needs to the BGSS. Minimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or GEDEssential Job Functions:
Benefits: $4,000 health insurance, $20,000 life insurance, TRS Retirement
• Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment and restrooms.
• Assist as needed in keeping school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and play areas neat and clean.
• Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash.
• Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed.
• Assist with cafeteria set ups, including arranging tables and chairs
• Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health and safety of students and staff
• Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to lead custodian or principal
• Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by lead custodian or principal
• Assist in setting up facilities for special events
• Assist with opening and closing buildings each school day
• Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities