Building & Grounds Site Supervisor Department:
General Services Department Overtime Status:
Non-Exempt Date Job Revised:
February 20, 2019 Position Summary:
Cleaning and maintaining the entire facility using the proper chemicals, equipment and techniques. He/she may be required to fill in for the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor (BGSS) in his/her absence. He/she will report any unsafe conditions and/or maintenance needs to the BGSS. Minimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or equivalentEssential Job Functions:
- Locking the doors at specified times.
- Taking down the flag.
- Securing all buildings.
- Cleaning the classrooms (i.e., empty the pencil sharpeners, empty the trash, dust, replace burned out lights, clean desk/tables, clean sinks, fill dispensers if applicable, clean the chalkboard, sweep/vacuum the floor, mop, secure the windows and lock the doors).
- Cleaning the restrooms (i.e., fill dispensers, empty all trash, clean and disinfect sinks and fixtures., lean and disinfect stools and urinals, clean mirrors, clean and disinfect walls and stalls, check ceiling for paper towels and other objects, replace burned out lights, sweep and flood mop floors).
- Cleaning the gyms and locker rooms using proper procedures.
- Cleaning the main office and nurse’s station using proper procedures.
- Cleaning the cafeteria and/or kitchen using proper procedures.
- Cleaning the auditorium using proper procedures.
- Cleaning the drinking fountains and hand washing sinks.
- Sweep, mop and buffing the hallways using proper procedures.
- Assisting the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor in summer clean-up and special cleaning projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor.