Please Review Before Submitting a Substitute Teaching Application
Reports To School Principal
Job Goal In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears chalkboard, etc.
Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school and Buncombe County Schools policies.
Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
Knows school procedures and regulations.
Performs other related duties as directed by principal
NOTE: Complaints made by a school principal about a substitute teacher may result in the removal of the substitute from the Substitute List.
Operate school bus and related equipment to
provide safe and orderly transportation of students and other authorized
persons on assigned route and to and from other designated locations.
Clear and valid Texas commercial driver’s license
with Passenger (P) and School Bus (S) endorsements
Must be 18 years of age
Ability to pass U.S.
Department of Transportation alcohol and drug tests and annual physical exam
Ability to complete
required bus driver safety training
Ability to follow written
and verbal instructions
Ability to use maps and
Global Positioning Systems (GPS) to follow routes and locate addresses
Ability to manage student
Ability to communicate effectively with others
Ability to operate bus
1. Drive bus daily following assigned route and adhering
to established schedules.
2. Drive bus to and from extracurricular activities.
3. Anticipate problems such as traffic, weather, road
conditions, and schedule changes and make necessary adjustments to ensure
student safety and reduce delays.
4. Perform pre- and post-trip inspections according to
specifications to ensure bus can be operated safely and notify supervisor of needed
repairs. Keep assigned bus clean and maintain appropriate level of fuel.
5. Report all accidents, vehicle damage, student injuries,
and mechanical problems and complete required corresponding reports.
6. Instruct students on safe entering, exiting, and passenger
rules and regulations. Supervise students while they board and leave the bus
and cross the street.
7. Maintain discipline and use effective behavior
management control over groups of students. Report student discipline problems
to appropriate administrator and communicate with teachers and parents
regarding student’s behavior when warranted.
8. Perform emergency evacuation of students on bus when
the situations warrants.
9. Observe all traffic laws and safety regulations for school
10. Ensure proper condition of emergency equipment, such as
first aid kit, fire extinguisher, flags, fuses, crow bar, and reflector.
11. Correct unsafe conditions in work area and promptly
report conditions that are not immediately correctable to supervisor. Report
any hazardous conditions along scheduled route.
12. Install snow chains during inclement weather.
13. Maintain safety certification.
14. Operate and monitor two-way radio equipment to
communicate with transportation office and other drivers.
15. Complete and maintain accurate, up-to-date, and timely
records and reports including but not limited to those related to bus mileage,
gas and oil consumption, and number of passengers transported.
Operate school bus; two-way radio; global positioning system (GPS); safety
equipment including but not limited to flares, reflective signs, and fire
Prolonged sitting; frequent standing and twisting; occasional
kneeling/squatting, bending, stooping, and pushing/pulling
Prolonged driving; moderate walking; frequent climbing stairs,
grasping/squeezing, wrist and shoulder flexion/extension, and reaching
Limited light lifting and carrying
(less than 15 pounds) on a daily basis
Frequent exposure to extreme hot and cold temperatures, noise, and vehicle
fumes; work around moving vehicles; regularly work irregular hours, and
occasionally work prolonged hours
Reports to: Custodial Supervisor Department: General Services Department Overtime Status: Non-Exempt
Position Summary: Cleaning and maintaining the entire facility using the proper chemicals, equipment and techniques. He/she will report any unsafe conditions and/or maintenance needs to the BGSS.
Minimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or GED $10.50/hour Benefits: $4,000 health insurance, $20,000 life insurance, TRS Retirement
Essential Job Functions:
• Maintain a cleaning schedule that will include cleaning of floors, chalkboards, wastebaskets, windows, furniture, equipment, and restrooms. • Assist as needed in keeping school building and grounds, including sidewalks, driveways, parking lots and play areas neat and clean. • Comply with local laws and procedures for storage and disposal of trash. • Assist in maintaining an inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment and request additional supplies as needed. • Assist with cafeteria set ups, including arranging tables and chairs • Perform preventive maintenance to ensure the comfort, health and safety of students and staff • Make minor building repairs as needed and report major repair needs to lead custodian or principal • Move furniture or equipment within the building as directed by lead custodian or principal • Assist in setting up facilities for special events • Assist with opening and closing buildings each school day • Follow established procedures for locking, checking and safeguarding facilities
Signing up is easy. We only need a little information to get you started. Just click Register in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Registered users search our online database of available positions. Search results include detailed job descriptions and requirements.
If you find a position you want to apply for, great! But keep in mind, you can also submit a basic application, so we can contact you if a position matching your talents comes up.
North Zulch ISD is committed to developing character, fostering a positive learning experience, and promoting individual student success in society through a shared responsibility between students, teachers, parents, and community.
11390 5th Street
North Zulch, TX 77872