CareerPortal is optimized to work on multiple platforms.
Desktop & Mobile
Sign up with CareerPortal today.
Search for Job Openings
Get Notified of Future Openings
Keep your profile up to date and we might contact YOU!
Recently Posted Jobs These are the latest 10 job postings at . Register and search for more.
Position: Elementary Teacher Job Title: Elementary Teacher Location: Elementary School Beginning: August 2019
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Education/Certification: Bachelor’s degree from accredited university Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or training for subject and level assigned Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned [Physical Education Teachers: Current automated external defibrillator (AED) certificate] Special Knowledge/Skills: Knowledge of core academic subject assigned Knowledge of curriculum and instruction Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills Experience: One year student teaching or approved internship
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in individual student differences. 2. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, equipment, and technology that reflect the understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned and present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations. 3. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities. 4. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP). 5. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements. 6. Plan and assign work to instructional aide(s) and volunteer(s) and oversee completion.
Student Growth and Development
7. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
8. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal. 9. Be a positive role model for students; support the mission of the school district.
Classroom Management and Organization
10. Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students. 11. Manage student behavior in accordance with the Student Code of Conduct and student handbook. 12. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities. 13. Assist in selecting books, equipment, and other instructional materials. 14. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
15. Establish and maintain a professional relationship and open communication with parents, students, colleagues, and community members.
Professional Growth and Development
16. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills. 17. Comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers. 18. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
Direct the work of assigned instructional aide(s).
Reports to: Building & Grounds Site Supervisor Department: General Services Department Overtime Status: Non-Exempt Date Job Revised: February 20, 2019
Position Summary: Cleaning and maintaining the entire facility using the proper chemicals, equipment and techniques. He/she may be required to fill in for the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor (BGSS) in his/her absence. He/she will report any unsafe conditions and/or maintenance needs to the BGSS.
Minimum Qualifications/Job Requirements:
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Essential Job Functions:
Locking the doors at specified times.
Taking down the flag.
Securing all buildings.
Cleaning the classrooms (i.e., empty the pencil sharpeners, empty the trash, dust, replace burned out lights, clean desk/tables, clean sinks, fill dispensers if applicable, clean the chalkboard, sweep/vacuum the floor, mop, secure the windows and lock the doors).
Cleaning the restrooms (i.e., fill dispensers, empty all trash, clean and disinfect sinks and fixtures., lean and disinfect stools and urinals, clean mirrors, clean and disinfect walls and stalls, check ceiling for paper towels and other objects, replace burned out lights, sweep and flood mop floors).
Cleaning the gyms and locker rooms using proper procedures.
Cleaning the main office and nurse’s station using proper procedures.
Cleaning the cafeteria and/or kitchen using proper procedures.
Cleaning the auditorium using proper procedures.
Cleaning the drinking fountains and hand washing sinks.
Sweep, mop and buffing the hallways using proper procedures.
Assisting the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor in summer clean-up and special cleaning projects as needed.
Other duties as assigned by the Building and Grounds Site Supervisor.
Please Review Before Submitting a Substitute Teaching Application
Reports To School Principal
Job Goal In the absence of the regular classroom teacher to help students to learn subject matter and/or skills that are required for scheduled lessons and to provide meaningful instruction for assigned classrooms.
Reports to school office at beginning of school day to pick up required materials/schedule of classes and at the end of the school day to return materials. Follows sign out procedures as prescribed by the principal.
Carries out a program of study prescribed in the lesson plans left by the classroom teacher.
Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and objectives as indicated in the lesson plans for the lessons, units, or projects assigned.
Employs instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting lesson objectives.
Maintains a neat and orderly classroom. Straightens chairs, tables, clears chalkboard, etc.
Takes attendance in accordance with school procedures.
Indicates to students at beginning of class the basic expectations for behavior in the class in accordance with school and Buncombe County Schools policies.
Insures that the students are never left unattended in the classroom.
May perform duties usually required of absent teacher such as lunchroom duty, hall monitoring, etc.
Knows emergency evacuation routes for the classrooms assigned.
Knows procedures for referring students who are disciplinary problems.
Knows school procedures and regulations.
Performs other related duties as directed by principal
NOTE: Complaints made by a school principal about a substitute teacher may result in the removal of the substitute from the Substitute List.
Signing up is easy. We only need a little information to get you started. Just click Register in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
Registered users search our online database of available positions. Search results include detailed job descriptions and requirements.
If you find a position you want to apply for, great! But keep in mind, you can also submit a basic application, so we can contact you if a position matching your talents comes up.
North Zulch ISD is committed to developing character, fostering a positive learning experience, and promoting individual student success in society through a shared responsibility between students, teachers, parents, and community.
11390 5th Street
North Zulch, TX 77872